There is no one answer to the question of what makes love special. In this Article you will learn Psychology facts about Love and Relationship. Some say that love is simply a feeling that is intrinsically linked with happiness, while others believe that love is a physical and emotional connection that two people share. Regardless of what people believe, there are a number of psychological facts about love that are transparent.
Love is often associated with happiness, and there is a reason for this. Studies have shown that people who are in love experience a range of positive emotions, including joy, happiness, contentment, and love. These feelings are often linked with increased levels of oxytocin.
- Love is a feeling that is intrinsically linked with happiness.
- A healthy relationship will never require you to sacrifice your friends,your dreams or your dignity.
- According to some psychologist, human beings are not capable of being “just friends” with members of the opposite gender.
- According to the triangular theory of love developed by psychologist Robert Sternberg, the three components of love are intimacy, passion, and commitment.
- An Attractive Face Is Preferred Over An Attractive Body For Long-Term Relationships.
- Being In Love Changes The Brain In Ways Similar To Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
- Being a perfectionist in love can lead to stress and depression.
- Broken Heart Syndrome occurs when deep emotional triggers cause distress in the brain and significantly weaken a person’s heart, causing such symptoms as chest pain or shortness of breath. This tends to affect women more than men, and can easily be misdiagnosed as a heart attack.
- Dating an awkward person is less stressful. You laugh more and have more fun which improves quality of life and overall health.
- Expressing Gratitude Towards People You Love Causes An Immediate Spike In Your Happiness.
- Falling In Love Makes You More Creative.Thinking about love makes people think more “globally” and gives them the ability to come up with new ideas, according to A 2009 study by researchers at the University of Amsterdam.
- Falling in love is known to pact the same neurological effects as cocaine. Both falling in love and taking a dose of cocaine will give your brain similar feelings and sensation of euphoria.Falling in love produces several euphoria-inducing chemicals in your body that will stimulate about 12 areas of an individual’s brain.
- Heartbreak is real. Research has shown that intense or traumatic events, such as breakups,divorce,physical distance, or the loss of a loved one can contribute to real physical pain in a person’s heart. This is an actual condition known as the Broken Heart Syndrome.
- If the crush on someone lasts more than 4 months, it is considered as love.
- If you get dumped, or were a dumper;be careful. Being dumped could lead to “frustration attraction”. Frustration attraction only means that the individual who was dumped will love and lust the person who dumped them even more.
- If you have a crush on someone, your brain will find it impossible to lie to that person.
- If you hold hands with someone you love, this can help to alleviate physical pain as well as any feelings of stress and fear.
- Individuals who appear similar and at the same level of attractiveness are more likely to end up together than people who look significantly different. Many social researchers indicate that there is a pattern in how people chose their mates or romantic relationships.
- Intimacy encompasses feelings of attachment, closeness, connectedness, and bondedness. Passion encompasses drives connected to both limerence and sexual attraction during love or any relationships.
- Love is not a lust. Love is different than passion or lust.
- Men Prefer A Pretty Face Over A Good Body In Long-Term Relationships.
- People Gravitate Towards Those Who Have The Same Level Of Attractiveness or more likely to end up together.
- People generally prefer an attractive face over an attractive body when it comes to long-term relationships. However, when people are looking for a fling, the body will win over the face on the basis of physical attraction.
- Psychology claims that if two past lovers can remain just friends,its either they are still in love,or never were.
- Research has shown that if a man meets a woman while in a dangerous situation, or if a woman meets a man in a dangerous situation, they are more likely to fall in love with each other than if they were to meet in a mundane setting. For instance, two people are more likely to fall in love with each other if they met while water rafting opposed to meeting in an office.
- Romantic love is biochemically indistinguishable from having a severe obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Simply looking at a picture of a loved one can help relieve pain.It has been shown that the presence of a loved one can help a sick person or patient’s improvement, but so can a picture.
- The act of falling in love is known to have a calming effect on a person’s body and mind. This, in turn, will raise levels of nerve growth for about a year.
- The expression of having butterflies in your stomach is a real feeling that is caused by an adrenaline rush. When and if you fall for someone, it will probably be hard to avoid the feeling of butterflies dancing and fluttering around in your stomach. This happens as a body’s response to a fight-or-flight situation.
- The expression “keep your loved ones close” can have an even greater meaning, as one of the greatest predictors of love is proximity or physical closeness. Being close to another individual can contribute to increased emotion and feelings of want and desire.
- The simple act of expressing gratitude towards people whom you love will generate an immediate spike in happiness.
- Things such as a morning cup of tea, doing the dishes without being asked, walking the dog when it is raining. These all have a cumulative effect on the relationship and makes the partner feel valued or increased loyalty of mens,in womans eyes.
- When two people who love each other look into each other’s eyes, then their heart rates synchronize with each other. Studies have shown that couples who are in love are so bonded that after three minutes of looking into each other’s eyes, their heart rates will synch up with each other.
- When we are single, all you see are happy couples; and when you are not, you find happy singles.
- A relationship based on love is the relationship free of conditions and expectation, because love liberates and love does not impose conditions.
Also read- 35 Intersting facts about “girls”
If you like to know these intersting Psychological facts about Love and Relationship, So you want to know more facts like these then follow our Facebook page and Instagram page-